Tuesday, November 4, 2008

civic duties

election day! go america! my sentiments about the election are summed up by my friend chrissy:

"Today is Election Day, and I think that you should vote. Naturally, I would prefer that you voted for Barack Obama, because I think he is the best candidate, but in the end, I just want you to vote for whoever you think will do the best job. Think about it - if everyone voted, and voted with their hearts, then the winner of the election would reflect the will of the people. I can get on board with that, even if I don't agree with it. But if people stay home, don't care, are apathetic, lazy, forgetful - well, then the election is not a true reflection of our collection needs and hopes and dreams. And that's fucked up.

So vote! If you hate both the candidates, vote for a third party! And if you love me, then vote for Barack Obama."

that is all.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

aw! i thought i had subscribed to your blog but i was wrong! so now i get to subscribe and catch up, and that is exciting. thanks for quoting me!