Wednesday, November 26, 2008

George the cat rules more than George the Bush

wow. I just read a beautifully written, scathing article on Bush's lame duck status.
(Bush's Last Days: The Lamest Duck)


I'm going to Austin in a few hours, and I've given Chrissy my key so George can get some foods for Thanksgiving, I've started to pack, I've cleaned the litter box, I've vacuumed around the litter box, I've started to do the dishes, I've burned a CD for Mom and Charlie... And then I sat down at the computer and George crawled in my lap and fell asleep so now how can I get up? He's so sweet and I'm about to leave him for 5 days.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to pull off finishing all the schoolwork I need to do by Monday. I will, of course, but I am not quite sure when yet. I have to compile this notebook of lesson plan ideas for my class, and of course the points are all about how full and beautiful it is.. I know being a teacher is, in part, about organization and presentation, but I hate that I have to buy sheet protectors and fancy paper to get the grade. (Ok, I love buying fancy paper, but I don't like the paying part.) Oh well. Evett's class to the rescue.

Ok I guess I'll have to make George move now.
Sorry, buddy.

No comments: